A woman getting transformed into a mother is the best feeling that gets embedded inside a mother’s soul and can be never get erased. Only a mother knows what it feels to be a mother.
It is said that happiness, joy, sorrow and various other emotions which transcend everything after giving birth to a new born should never go beyond the act of responsibility.
The various responsibilities of a mother are:
This is one of the essential health care for a baby. The change of diapers should be done frequently and in the best way. If not done in a proper way it may lead to Diaper rash which is harmful for the baby’s skin. While changing the diapers, a mother should keep in mind the following things like
- A clean diaper should always be used
- Diaper ointment should also be used if baby has rash
- A container of warm water should always be in place while changing the diaper of the baby.
- Clean wash cloth, diaper cloth and cotton balls should be there.
This is a very important activity which every mother should enact in the best possible way. Sponge baths is the best way of bathing an infant. This particular activity should be done in a very hygenic way with utmost care. The basic things required for a sponge bath are
- A clean and a soft wash cloth to wash the baby very slowly.
- A complete fragrance-free soap and a shampoo for the baby’s body to get cleaned
- A very soft brush to slowly stimulate the scalp of the baby.
- Towels and blankets should be used to clean the baby.
- A clean diaper should also be used and should be changed after a bath
- Clean clothes.
Feeding a baby
Feeding is the most essential factor which every mother needs to keep in mind when handling a baby. A new born baby needs to be feed for every 2 to 3 hours. In breast feeding a baby should be nursed for 10 to 15 minutes with each breast. While in formula feeding a baby will consume about 2 to 3 ounces at each feeding.
Health check up
A routine health check up is must for a baby. A baby may suffer from various little things at this age and it is not possible for them to express their pain or problems. It is mandatory for a mother to do a regular health check up.
The existence of a baby in a mother’s life is the most precious thing that one can have. After the delivery there are also some changes in the health of a mother. So, a proper woman care should be taken in order to live a healthy and a happy life with a new born.