Junk food satisfies you for a minute, being fit satisfies you for life.
As per the recent studies by the Centre for Science and Environment (CSE), juvenile diabetes is on the rise in cities, around 20% of school-going children in India are overweight and Indians are among the world’s most depressed.
According to experts, the junk food industry in India is largely responsible for the increasing incidents of non-communicable diseases.
Seven harmful effects of junk food – “FATHELD”
- Fatigue- Due to the absence of all the essential nutrients, junk food does not satisfy the body’s actual nourishment needs which, in turn, leads to fatigue.
- Aching Stomach- Regular intake of junk food can create problems like Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and Gastro-Oesophageal Reflux Disease (GORD).
- Type-2 Diabetes- Junk food causes excessive stress on the metabolism and breaks the stability in the body’s insulin production and usage.
- Heart Disease- Junk food increases the risk of heart disease by affecting the cholesterol and triglyceride levels in the body.
- Enhanced Blood Sugar Levels- Refined sugar used in these foods slows down the body metabolism and puts pressure on the pancreas to stabilize the sudden spikes it causes in the blood sugar level.
- Liver Dysfunction- Trans fat-rich junk food can cause fat deposit in the liver and can result in liver dysfunction.
- Depression in teens- Junk food is known to aggravate the effects of the hormonal changes the teenage body undergoes leading to enhanced mood swings.
Start Eating Healthy!
Avoid Being FATHELD!