The patients who are detected with kidney diseases are prescribed a special diet chart as all kinds of food do not go well with the digestive system requirement of the patients. Every kidney disease has a different diet requirement and hence a dietitian must be consulted if you are in the threat circle or already suffering from kidney disease. Health experts suggest a diet chart to every kidney disease suffering patient after a few tests and analysis regarding the urine quality, BMI, salt and mineral presence in the body, protein, fat, and carbohydrate, calcium, phosphate, and vitamin D requirement. Usually, dietitians suggest antioxidant foods to kidney patients. The diet changes over the course of time as the patient’s health status improves. As per the National Kidney Foundation’s recommendation, every kidney patient must follow the DASH diet in the early stage and avoid few intakes suggested by the dietitian. The various diet suggestions that are generally suggested by the dietitians in the case of kidney diseases are mentioned below.
- Cabbage – Cabbage is a great source of vitamin K and vitamin C. It also acquires a decent amount of fiber. You can purchase this great organic food anytime from the market and it has a low potassium percentage that will take care of your kidney. The main issue that every kidney patient has to face is the damage of the kidney due to the free radicals and cabbage helps to eliminate those free radicals to provide a healthy kidney status.
- Onions – Onion is low in Potassium and rich in Quercetin. The antioxidant ingredients inside an onion can cure kidney damages fast. The onion will improve your metabolism and help to establish a balance between the protein, carbohydrate, and fat percentage in your body.
- Cauliflower – High fiber and Vitamin C amounts can be found in cauliflower which makes it a must-have organic food in your fridge. It eliminates all the toxic contents from your kidney and heals the cell membrane and the DNA damages caused due to dangerous kidney diseases.
- Garlic – Garlic has been considered a life-saving vegetable for centuries. Not only for kidney diseases but also garlic is extremely beneficial for cholesterol and many other health issues. You can try this healthy ingredient with different food items and garlic won’t disappoint you in any manner.
- Alcohol Consumption – Restricting the daily intake of alcohol for men and women (in the case of alcohol addicts) is very important and the more you consume alcohol, the slower your kidney’s healing process will. Consult your dietitian regarding the daily alcohol limit.
- Minerals – For a healthy kidney, the balance between the minerals like sodium, potassium, calcium, and phosphate must be maintained. Salt intake must be lowered in the diet as per the dietitian’s prescription. The primary components that every kidney patient needs are calcium, vitamin D, and Phosphate.
- Balanced Protein Intake – Having too much protein in your body won’t help you get healthy at every stage of your life. Dietitians suggest a limited amount of protein intake for different age groups. Eggs, pulses, cheese, and other milk products are rich in protein and hence dietitians suggest these for better healing of the kidney damages.
All the commonly suggested diet requirements by the dietitians are discussed in the aforementioned tips. The other healthy ingredients helpful for kidney patients include Apple, Blueberries, Raspberries, Cherry, Olive oil, grapes, strawberries, egg whites, and many others. Consider your dietitian and follow a healthy diet chart for quick healing and a better life ahead.