The Department of Andrology deals with the male reproductive and sexual health, excelling in the medical and surgical management of male infertility, erectile dysfunction, it is specialized in treating Peyronie's disease, and hypogonadism to restoring fertility.
Manipal hospitals has expert andrologists with remarkable expertise in offering evaluation, consultation and treatment for a wide range of reproductive issues. Annexed with the Department of Urology, the department's scope extends to robotic surgery, minimally invasive surgeries, reconstructive urology, and neuropathology.
The lab undertakes semen analysis using a variety of diagnostic tests. Assisted reproductive technology (ART) is used for sperm processing and IVF. The tests also include testicular biopsy evaluations and post-vasectomy semen analysis.Read More
Treatment of an inflamed prostate gland, known as prostatitis or prostatitis. Prostatitis may occur in response to infection or even in the absence of infections. The treatment is up to 8 weeks of specialized antibiotics that target the prostate.Read More
Sexual dysfunction or ED problems are a result of neurological problems, drug side-effects, hormone insufficiencies, cardiovascular diseases or diabetes. Treating this problem quickly and effectively greatly improves a person's quality of life.Read More
The curved structure that is located beneath the testicle can sometimes be affected by discomfort or pain. There may also be signs of inflammation, warmth, and redness. It is a common cause of pain in this region for most adults. The condition is treated by antibiotics over a period of 6 weeks.Read More
Adult males who live in hot climates may face this issue. It is a slow and pathological accumulation of fluids particularly around the testes. Hydroceles may disappear in time, but it is important to have a doctor evaluate and perform a hydrocelectomy to remove it if necessary.Read More
This is an abnormal enlargement of the pampiniform venous plexus in the scrotum. It can be treated through surgical or non-surgical procedures like embolization.Read More
The department of Andrology offers extensive in-depth diagnostics and treatment options to a varied number of reproductive and sexual dysfunctions like Reproductive Urology, Medical Management of Male infertility, Andro & IVF LAB, Erectile Dysfunction, Ejaculatory Dysfunction, Men’s Health, Sexual Medicine,
Sperm Banking Cryopreservation / Vitrification
Treatments offered at Manipal Hospitals include
1. Reproductive Urology - Clinical and Laboratory Evaluation of Male Infertility, Basic Semen Analysis & Culture, Sperm Function Test
2. Medical Management of Male infertility - Endocrine Management of Hypogonadism, Hyperproclactinoma, Excess Androgens/Oestrogen, Idiopathic, Infertility with Pharmacologic Therapy, Surgical Management of Male Infertility, Testis Biopsy – Microsurgical Technique
3. Andro & IVF LAB - Sperm Banking Cryopreservation / Vitrification For Cancer Patient, Before submitting to Radio/ Chemo Therapy, Hypogonadal Male, For Transplant Patient on Immune Suppressant etc, Oocyte Vitrification, Embryo Vitrification, Prenatal Genetic Diagnosis (PGD)
4. Erectile Dysfunction - Clinical Evaluation, Laboratory Evaluation, Psychologic Evaluation
5. Ejaculatory Dysfunction - Functional Ejaculatory Dysfunction, Neurogenic An Ejaculation, Retrograde Ejaculation, Premature Ejaculation, Treatment Modalities
6. Others - Conventional Circumcision, Cosmetic Circumcision, Frenulo Plasty, Glanuloplasty, Venous Leak Surgery in selected cases, Penile Reconstruction, Dorsal Neurectomy in selected cases for Pre Mature Ejaculation, Priapism, Peyronies Disease, Orchiopexy for Undescended Testis - Conventional, Laparoscopic, Hernia (Open & Laparoscopic) and Hydrocele Surgeries
7. Men’s Health - Hypogonadism in Young, Gynecomastia, Androgen Deficiency in ageing Men, Prostate Health in Urological and Andrological Perspective
8. Sexual Medicine - Hypoactive Sexual Disorder, Sexual Arousal Disorder, Orgasmic Disorder, Sexual Pain Disorder, Sexual Orientation Issue
Andrology - Semen Analysis, Sperm Testing and Preservation. Andrology is the medical field that specializes in men's reproductive health. If you are seeking treatment for male infertility, your physician may refer you to the Diagnostic Andrology Laboratory.
Reproductive and sexual conditions can be stressful and demoralizing, it strains an individual's happiness and reduces the quality of life. Manipal Hospitals with its strong ethical and moral medical practices stands for a quick recovery through the least invasive, most appropriate, and advanced treatment available. Contact us to know more about sexual problems and book an appointment with one of our Andrologist specialists today.