- A patient and her/ his attendants have the responsibility to address any concern that you may have.
- Provide complete and accurate information including full name, address and other information.
- Provide complete and accurate history and information about your health, including present condition, past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications or any other matter that pertains to your health.
- Follow the prescribed treatment plan, carefully follow all the instructions given and attend follow up appointment as requested.
- Ask questions when you do not understand any detail given by doctor or other members of the health care team. Inform the doctor if you anticipate any problem in the prescribed treatment or are considering alternative therapies.
- Accept responsibility for the decisions you make regarding your treatment.
Abide by all hospital rules and regulations. Some of these are:
- Strictly follow the NO SMOKING policy within the hospital campus
- Ensure that all your visitors follow the visitor timings and policy
- Be considerate of noise levels, privacy and safety of other patients and staff.
- Weapons are prohibited within the premises
- Treat hospital staff, other patients, and visitors with courtesy and respect
- Be on time for appointments. Cancel or reschedule appointments as far in advance as possible when required
- Do not take any medications on your own without the knowledge of your doctor and health care professionals. Inform the doctor if your condition worsens or does not improve as planned. Do not to give medication prescribed for you to others.
- Provide complete and accurate information for insurance claims; work with the hospital for processing claims and make payments, if the claim is denied.
- Pay for services billed for in a timely manner as per the hospital rules and seek clarification if you have any concern.
- Be aware that the estimations given are approximate and are likely to change if the treatment plan, duration of treatment/stay or category of bed changes.
- Respect situations when the medical condition of another patient may become more urgent, respect the doctor's ability to judge and accept the fact that the Doctor may need to attend him/her first.
Understand the charter of rights and seek clarification, if any. In case you require any clarification or have suggestions to make or have a grievance or want to register a complaint, please contact the Customer Care Cell or dial 1234 from any extension in the hospital and follow the instructions or email to email@example.com