Paediatric orthodontics deals with the diagnosis prevention correction of dentofacial and dental irregularities.
- It encompasses the correction of:
- jaw growth abnormalities like mismatched upper and lower jaws
- dentofacial abnormalities like Micrognathia Macrognathia Cleft Lip /Palate
- irregular misaligned proclined teeth
- deleterious oral habits like thumb sucking mouth breathing and tongue thrusting
- dental space problems and teeth eruption problems like impacted permanent teeth and over retained deciduous teeth.
- deep bite, open bite and other dental abnormalities.