Breast milk is the only food a baby needs for the first 6 months. It helps in baby’s brain development and protects against cold, allergies and other infections. The birth of your baby is both a wonderfully exciting and tiring time. Many mothers expect to breastfeed to be an easy, very natural thing. While it is easy for some, it often requires patience education, support, and care. In Manipal Hospitals, we provide for every new mother and baby the following necessary support to have a successful breastfeeding experience:.
- We prepare expectant mothers through antenatal services by educating and orienting about the importance of lactation for mother-baby dyad.
- We have an effective team of Lactation Consultant and Lactation Nurses who concentrate on establishing and maintaining exclusive breastfeeding
- Post natal visits are scheduled for mothers for maintaining lactation after discharge. We also do home visits for the same
- We offer Breast Pump rentals for the convenience of mothers. We also provide breastfeeding support group for mothers to connect to each other.
- Improving Lactation in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Feeding development of the Preterm infant (Tube – breast)
- Management of “Mother-Infant” nursing problems
- Working mother & breastfeeding
- Human milk expression and storage
- Breastfeeding challenges - Going back to work, Cleft Lip, Cleft Palate, Multiple Pregnancies