At Manipal Hospitals, the Department of Cardiology is one of the best departments of the hospital, serving patients with various forms of heart disease. With a dedicated team of Cardiac Surgeons and Cardiologists, the Department of Cardiology is one of the integrated healthcare centre working together to provide comprehensive, multidisciplinary care to patients suffering from heart diseases or disorders.
The Department of Cardiology of the Manipal Hospitals deals with complete medical diagnosis and appropriate interventions, including conservative and Interventional Cardiology procedures and surgical treatment. Manipal Hospitals include specialized experts trained in congenital heart disease in adults and children, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, heart valve disease, coronary artery disease, and heart rhythm disorders.
Manipal Hospitals’ cardiovascular surgeons and cardiologists work with doctors with advanced training in Electrophysiology, echocardiography, radiology, and Interventional Cardiology.
The doctors of Manipal Hospitals perform a variety of diagnostic tests and procedures that helps in the identification of disease and treatment protocols.
TREATMENT AND SERVICES
• Radical and Femoral Angioplasty
• Radical and Femoral Angiogram
• Emergency Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI)
• Electrophysiological Radio Ablation
• Percutaneous Trans Mitral Commissurotomy (PTMC)
• Pacemaker Implantation
At Manipal Hospitals, we also provide cardiovascular services to children. Pediatric cardiologists trained in treating children work together with other pediatric specialists to diagnose and treat children and adolescents.
• Antenatal Fetal Echocardiogram
• Balloon Dilatation of Stenotic Valve in Neonates, Newborns, and Children
• Hemodynamic evaluation of Complex Congenital Heart Diseases
• Counseling following a diagnosis of congenital heart defects in Neonates, Infants, Children, and Adults
• Device closure of abnormal communication such as Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA)
• Device closure of Septal Defects such as Ventricular Septal Defects (VSD) and Atrial Septal Defects (ASD)