Fellowship & Membership
I. RESEARCH ARTICLE
a) Factors Correlating with the severity of Coronary artery disease in Type II diabetic patients on treatment for more than 5yrs. Mukund P, Srinivasan, Padmanabh Kamath, Narasimha D Pai, Poornima A, Manjrekar and Chakrapani Mahabala. British Journal of Medicine and Medical Research 4(26) 4364-4372 – 2014.
b) In-hospital and mid-term clinical outcomes after percutaneous coronary intervention with drug-eluting stents. Narasimha Pai D, Deepak R Madi, Basava Prabhu Achappa, Unnikrishnan B. International Journal of Biological and medical research 2012; 3 (4): 2527-2530.
II. Published Paper in PEER reviewed Journals
1. Right ventricular endomyocardial fibrosis – A case report – Madi, D, Achappa.B, Pai N, Kamath P. Right ventricular endomyocardial fibrosis AMJ 2003,6, 2, 88-0-. http//dx.doi.org/10.4066/AMJ2013.1558.
2. To study the clinical and angiographic profile of coronary, pulmonary arterial fistulas presenting to a Tertiary care Centre in Southern India. Dr. Raghavendra Bhat, Dr Padmanabh Kamath, Dr. Narasimha Pai D, Dr. Parul Kodan., Dr. Tejas, Dr. Geetha Raghavendra Bhat. International NCD Research.
3. Antihypertensive therapy: Nocturnal dippers and Non-dippers. Do we treat them differently? , Vascular Health and Risk management 2013:9 125-133 , Chakrapani Mahabala’ Padmanabh Kamath , Unnikrishnan Bhaskaran, Narasimha D Pai, Aparna U Pai
4. Anomalous Left Coronary Artery from Main Pulmonary Artery-a case report Medicolegal update Volume 12 Number 02 July - December 2012
5. Evaluation of 1-minute Heart rate variability during deep breathing as a prognostic indicator in patients with Acute myocardial infarction – Pai Na Adhikari PMRb Madi Dc , Achappa Bd, Pai Se, Unnikrishnan Bf - International Journal of Biological and medical research 2012; 3 (3): 2103-2106
6. Narasimha Pai D, A B Harsha, Prabha Adhikari M R, Chakrapani M, Shalini Shenoy. Role of multiple induced sputum examination in the diagnosis of pneumocystis carinie pneumonia. J Assoc Phys India.2001:47:195.
7. Narasimha Pai D, Prabha Adhikari M R. Haemorrhagic Pneumonitis. A rare presentation of Leptospirosis. J Post Grad Med 2002: 47(1): 35-36.
8. Harsha A B, Narasimha Pai D, Damodar Shenoy, Chakrapani M, I G Bhat. Piracetam in Post Hypoxic Action Myoclonus. J Assoc Phys India.2001:49:1128.
9. Damodar Shenoy, Narasimha Pai D, Chakrapani M. A case of cerebral venous thrombosis in DIVC. J Assoc Phys India.2001:49:148-149.
10. Damodar Shenoy, Narasimha Pai D, Ajith Pillai, Chakrapani M, Tantry B V . Aplastic anemia with non-A non- B non-C hepatitis. JIACM 2002;3(1):98-99.
11. Pai Narasimha, Adhikari P M R . Painless Pancreatitis . A rare manifestation of Leptospirosis - J Asso. Phys Ind.2002, 50:1318-1319.
III PUBLISHED ABSTRACTS
1.T D Shah, V G Karnik, M P Srinivasan, R. L.Kamath, M.N.Bhat, N.D. Pai, R U Bhat , P K Kamath. – Congenital Coronary to Pulmonary artery Fistula. An Unseen Villain. Indian Heart Journal – 2014.
2.M P Srinivasan, C Mahabala , R. L.Kamath, M.N.Bhat, N.D. Pai, R U Bhat , P K Kamath. – Factors associated with normal coronary arteries in patients with Type II DM for more than 10yrs of duration. Indian Heart Journal – 2014.
3.T D Shah, R S Vekariya , R. L.Kamath, M.N.Bhat, N.D. Pai, R U Bhat , P K Kamath. –Correlation of duration of diabetes with severity of coronary artery disease in patients with Type II DM. Indian Heart Journal – 2014.
4.T D Shah, S T Varghese, R. L.Kamath, M.N.Bhat, N.D. Pai, R U Bhat, P K Kamath. Role of Tolvaptan in congestive heart failure patients – A Novel Therapeutic approach.Indian Heart Journal – 2014.
5.Narasimha Pai D, B Shivakumar, Vishwanathan V, D Shantanu,, B Vineet, V Srikant, N O Bansal, Incidence of renal artery stenosis in Coronary artery disease patients. Indian Heart J 2004;56:402.
6.Narasimha Pai D, Vineet Bhatia, SV Vaidya, N O Bansal, Viswanathan V, Praveena Shetty, Sanjeev Bhat. The clinical and angiographic outcome of stent implantation in long coronary lesions. Indian Heart J 2004;56:434-435.
7.Narasimha Pai D, N O Bansal, Viswanathan V, Vineet Bhatia, Bhairappa Shivakumar, Shantanu Deshpande, Praveena Shetty, Harish Nair, Sanjeev Bhat. Juvenile Mitral stenosis: Immediate results of Balloon Mitral Valvotomy. Indian Heart J 2004;56:471.
8.Narasimha Pai D, Prabha Adhikari M R, Rajeev A , Anoop Rao. Evaluation of Heart Rate Variability during deep breathing as a prognostic indicator in patients with acute Myocardial infarction. Kar J Med Sci 2000:4(2):74
9.Yogish M Pai, Narasimha Pai D, Allen Andrade, Prabha Adhikari M R. A study of migraine among medical students. Kar J Med Sci 2000: 4(2):84
10.Narasimha Pai D, Rajeev Desai, Dharmanand B G. Rheumatological Manifestations in Diabetes mellitus. Review article. Kar J Med Sci 2001:4(1 & 2): 15-19.
11.Narasimha Pai D, Rajeev Desai, Rajeev A , Prabha Adhikari M R, Subhas Chandra, Ravi Kishore A G. Identification of Surface ECG makers for Coronary Sinus Diverticulum in patients with WPW syndrome and Postero-septal accessory Pathway – A Retrospective study. Kar J Med Sci 2001: 4 (1 & 2): 61.
12.Narasimha Pai D, Rajeev Desai, Rajeev A, Prabha Adhikari M R, Suresh P V. Role of QT, QTC and QT Dispersion in patients undergoing PTCA following an acute Myocardial Infarction. Kar J Med Sci 2001:4(1 & 2):61.
13.Desai R, Narasimha Pai D, Dharmanand B G. Dystonia precipitated by Rheumatoid arthritis. A case report. Kar J Med Sci 2001:4(1 & 2): 61
Awards & Achievements
1. Awarded the Fellowship of Indian College of Cardiology (FICC) received during the Annual Conference of ICC at Tirupathi – September 18, 2014. (one of the 8 Cardiologist from the country) .
2. Awarded the B Braun Foundation Scholarship during the DM CARDIOLOGY (One of the five students from the country) in Cardiology for the year 2004 – 2005
3. Won the API (Association of Physicians of India) “BEST SCIENTIFIC PAPER AWARD” for the paper entitled “Evaluation of Heart Rate Variability during deep breathing as a prognostic indicator in patients with acute Myocardial infarction” during the proceedings of the KAPICSI conference at GULBURAG in the month of June 2000.
4. Won the CSI (Cardiological Society of India, Bangalore chapter) “BEST SCIENTIFIC PAPER AWARD” for the paper entitled “Identification of Surface ECG Markers for Coronary Sinus Diverticulum inpatient with WPW Syndrome and Postero –septal accessory Pathway –A Retrospective study” during the proceedings of the KAPICSI &API (South Zone ) conference held at Mangalore in the month of June 2001.
5. Won the 1st Prize in the CSI Quiz competition held during the proceeding of the KAPICSI & API (South Zone ) conference held at Mangalore in the month of June 2001.
6. Won the 1st Prize in the API Quiz competition held during the proceedings of the KAPICSI & API (South Zone ) conference held at Mangalore in the month of June 2001.
7. Awarded the DR. TMA PAI GOLD MEDAL FOR THE BEST OUTGOING student in MBBS from Kasturba Medical College Mangalore under MAHE University.
8. Awarded the 7th Rank in the SSLC (10 standards) examination in the state of Karnataka.
9. Awarded the 10th Rank in the Pre-university (10+2) examination in the state of Karnataka.
10. Topped the University examinations in the first MBBS, second MBBS, final MBBS (Part I), final MBBS (Part II) conducted by MAHE (Manipal Academy of Higher Education)
11. Secured the highest marks in 9/13 subjects during the MBBS Course. (Physiology, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Forensic medicine, Opthalmology, Social and Preventive Medicine, Surgery and Internal Medicine)
12. Was the Best outgoing student in Primary, High school, Pre – University and MBBS.
13. Won the Cardio-Thoracic Prize in the competitive examination held at K.M.C. Mangalore.
14. Won the IADV & L Prize for the competitive examination in Leprosy.
15. Won the Dr. R. Sitaraman Memorial Award in Urology in a competitive examination held at K.M.C, Manipal
16. Won the Sowbhagyavathi Late Radha Bai Memorial Prize for competitive examination in Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
17. International non-communicable disease research meet 18-19/01/14, Manipal University Manipal – 1st prize