Maximizing the erythropoietin response: iron strategies
Contrib Nephrol. 2012;178:95-9.
8) ‘Nutritional considerations in Indian patients on PD’ – chapter in ‘Progress in Peritoneal Dialysis’, ISBN 978-953-307-390-3 Edited by Prof Raymond Krediet. Intech, Oct 2011.www.intechopen.org
9) ‘Tacrolimus Therapeutic Drug Monitoring and Correlation with clinical events-A single Center Prospective Study’- Awaiting publication, British Journal of Pharmacology
10) ‘Nutritional Management of a Peritoneal Dialysis Patient’-Contributed chapter to upcoming clinical update in Nephrology titled ‘Kidney Disease and Nutrition’ published by Reed Elsevier India (Elsevier Clinical Advisory Board)
11) Prabhu MV, Subhramanyam SV, Sridhar G, Sinoj KA, Nayak KS.
Prophylaxis against Fungal Peritonitis in CAPD-A single centre experience with low dose Fluconazole.
Renal Failure, Vol 32, Issue 7, Aug 2010.
12) Prabhu MV, Juneja D, Gopal PB, Mohan S, Subhramanyam SV, Sridhar G, Nayak KS. Ultrasound-Guided Femoral Dialysis Access Placement: A Single-Center Randomized Trial Clinical Journal of the American Society of Nephrology,2010: 5(2) 235-239.
13) Juneja D, Prabhu MV, Gopal P, Mohan S, G Sridhar, Nayak KS.
Outcome of patients with End Stage Renal Disease admitted to an Intensive Care Unit in India.
Renal Failure 32:69-73, 2010
14) Nayak KS, Prabhu MV.
Promoting PD in India (Invited Article).ISPD Asian Chapter Newsletter (Winter 2009) Volume 7, Issue 3, December 2009.
– In Peritoneal Dialysis – From Basic Concepts to Clinical Excellence.
Contrib Nephrol 2009, vol 163, 270-277
16) MV Prabhu, SV Subhramanyam, SS Anand, MS Sidhu, G Sridhar, KS Nayak
Induction Strategies For Developing Countries –
JNRT 2(1) 2009 : 5 – 15
17) Newer Peritoneal Dialysis Fluids (MV Prabhu, KS Nayak)-Contributed Chapter to upcoming Textbook of Dialysis and Transplantation (Prof R.K Sharma, in publication)
18) “When protocol came to the rescue”
Short Essay in British Medical Journal, South Asia Edition, Nov 2006
Member, Indian Medical Association
Member, Indian Society of Nephrology
Member, International Society of Nephrology
Associate Member, European Renal Association
Member, International Society of Peritoneal Dialysis
Member, Association of Physicians of India
Field of Expertise
Acute Kidney Injury
Awards & Achievements
1) Won scholarship to attend the 10th Conference on Kidney Diseases in Disadvantaged populations, Cape Town, March 18 2015
2)Won Scholarship to attend the 9th Conference on Kidney Diseases In Disadavantaged Populations: Hong Kong, June 4-6 ,2013
3)Won Best Poster Award, at the 8th Conference on Kidney Disease in Disadvantaged Populations (Satellite Meeting of the World Congress of Nephrology 2011), 14th April 2011, for the paper An Integrated Clinico-Social Scoring System to predict outcomes on CAPD -A Prospective Study.
4)Won ISN Travel Grant to attend the World Congress of Nephrology, Vancouver, Canada April 8-12, 2011.
5)Won Scholarship to attend the 8th Conference on Kidney Diseases In Disadavantaged Populations-Victoria, BC, Canada April 12-14,2011
6)Winner, International Society of Peritoneal Dialysis-Baxter Healthcare Young Researcher Award, July 2010 (ISPD 2010, Mexico City)
7)Won Travel Grant, from the International Society of Peritoneal Dialysis, to attend the 4th Asian Chapter Meeting of the International Society of Peritoneal Dialysis, Oct 15-18, 2009- Beijing, China
8)Won Travel Grant from the International Society of Nephrology, to attend the 11th World Congress of Nephrology, Milan, Italy 2009
9)Won Scholarship to attend the 7th Satellite Conference on Kidney Diseases In Disadavantaged Populations, Aula Magna, University of Milan, Italy 2009