Fellowship & Membership
• TNE (Targeted neonatal echocardiography) fellowship - University of Toronto
• CCPU(Certificate in Clinician performed ultrasound): Australasian Society for Ultrasound in Medicine
• Member of APHRA, Australia: General and specialist registration
• Member of Karnataka Medical council India
Field of Expertise
• Intubations, peripheral IV, UVC, UAC, peripheral arterial lines,PICC insertions, lumbar punctures, chest drains, suprapubic aspirations, bladder catheterization.
• Resuscitation and care of extreme preterm
• Total parenteral & enteral nutrition of sick newborns, Therapeutic hypothermia.
• Postoperative management of surgical newborns.
Awards & Achievements
• Outcomes of neonates with APGAR score of zero at 10 minutes who survived to reach NICU: The West Australian experience. Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed. 2015 Nov;100(6):F492-4
• High frequency jet ventilation in preterm infants - experience from Western Australia. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2018 Mar 20:1-6
• Outcomes of neonates with APGAR score of zero at 10 minutes who survive to reach NICU: The West Australian experience. Anvekar A, Shah P, McMichael J, Rao S. PAS 2014
• Time to regain of birth weight and its association with severity of ROP. Anvekar A, Athkirsamy S, Lamb G, Gill A, Rao S
• Outcomes of neonatal chylous effusions: a 15-year West-Australian experience. Anvekar A, Jape G, Kohan R. PSANZ 2017
• High frequency jet ventilation in extremely preterm infants - experience from Western Australia. Anvekar A, Shah P, Patole S, Simmer K. PSANZ 2017