Best Foods for Cancer Patient : People undergoing cancer treatment should not ideally be burdened with a diet-to-follow. It’d be inhuman to add to their painful woes. But if anyone wants to read about it, and not talk about it, here are some guidelines that may be loosely followed.Also, what may be good for one may not necessarily be so for another. However, it is important to stay hydrated, and consume calorie and protein filled foods.
It is also okay if most patients followed a normal diet, without thinking a lot about what to eat, and what not to. Also as a cancer treatment can easily tire you down, you should think about eating easy foods that do not need cooking, or at least a lot of cooking.
Here’s a list of convenient and normal food that can make up your diet:
- Fresh fruit
- Cereal with hot or cold milk
- Cereal bar
- Dry fruits
- Peanut butter or cheese
- Whole grains, especially whole wheat and rice
- Poultry meats
- Red meats
- Fish and other seafood
- Cooked eggs
Also, if you want to treat yourself to a little home cooked food, keep these simple points in mind:
- Cook meat, poultry, fish and eggs to the right temperature. Under cooked food may upset your digestive system, and can be painful
- Wash the fruits and vegetables that make up your salads well
- Keep your washing sinks, cooking platforms, cutting boards & other utensils, and most importantly your hands clean at all times
- Be aware of food safety in the restaurants you visit
Take care of yourself well. Hope you make a quick and complete recovery.