Relationships are the essence of any festival celebrated across India, with Raksha Bandhan being no exception. Raksha Bandhan is one such auspicious occasion which celebrates the bond of love and affection between a brother and a sister. Being a Hindu festival, it is celebrated on a full moon day in the month of Shravan, the fifth month of the Hindu calendar. Though a Hindu festival, it is celebrated by the entire Indian community residing all around the globe.
Rakhi, the sacred thread symbolizes the sister’s love and prayers for her brother’s well-being and the brother’s lifelong vow to protect her. The bond between a brother and a sister is indeed a lifetime relationship of love, trust, friendship, joy and so much more. Right from birth, it is our siblings who share all the happy and sad days of our lives. From being a best friend to a guide, siblings perfectly play all the roles and are the best gift given to us by our parents.
It is our duty to shower care and let our siblings know that we are always present for them whenever in need. This Raksha Bandhan, ensure the well being of your siblings by following these effective health tips.
• Exercise with your siblings for a mutual well being- Ensure that you along with your siblings exercise for at least 30 minutes as it serves tremendous health benefits. So, go ahead and make your workout charts today to stay fit and healthy.
• Nurture healthy eating habits together– Right food is indeed the medicine for daily well being of our body, but with the wrong choice and wrong timing, our health can get adversely affected. Intake of fresh fruits and vegetables reduces the risk of most serious diseases. So, go ahead motivate each other to ‘Say No To Junk and Yes To Healthy Food!‘
• Motivate each other to stay away from unhealthy habits like smoking and drinking– Smoking is the root cause of lung cancer and several other heart diseases. While excess intake of alcohol severely affects the major organs of our body like liver and kidneys. So, pledge to make each other quit it now!
• Help each other to lead a stress-free life– Stress has the ability to wreck and hamper our well-being. Help your siblings recognize the reason behind their stress and don’t let it hinder their happiness. So, go out together for early morning meditation or yoga sessions for positive thinking, time management and relaxation techniques to lead a stress-free life.
• Share all health-related concerns with each other– Neglecting any health issue can lead to serious complications in the later stages of life. One should address all symptoms of illness with promptness and seek medical help in serious conditions. So be it small cuts or an injury at play or any other health illnesses, share it with your siblings and ensure that they are healthy.
Siblings are the best blessings of our life! This Raksha Bandhan, gift your siblings our health packages & ensure that they are in the pink of your health.